Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tapped (the movie) review/impact ‼



I heard about this film a while ago from a friend of mine, or at least I remember her mentioning it.

The documentary is about how major companies like Nestle, Pepsi, etc.. go to small towns with clean drinking water, pump their water, filter it, then bottle it for us to drink!  It also talks about the effects of plastic bottles, BPA, and other dangers that these bottles cause.

The apartments that we are living in now just starting charging us for water.  It was free but i'm assuming with loss of tenants, they are upping the rent and making us pay for the water/sewage.  Our first bill came back $108 for one month.  I was really shocked as I try not to waste water.  I do laundry when I feel the load is big, and I try to cut back on using the dish washer. 

A few days ago I decided to try turning off the water inbetween washes in the shower and it was sort of changing.  The silence that was present while I was shampooing/ conditioning/ shaving made me realize how much water is wasted during those times. 

I just wanted to share this because it has made me think differently about bottled water and just conserving in general.

No comments: