Monday, June 3, 2013

DIY Fairy Light Vanity Area ♥ [original]


I'm obsessed with lights at night.  I think that's my favorite part of Christmas actually, the tree.  Our new place has open space and high ceilings so I wanted to fill up our room with more warmth. ;)


Materials used:

tulle curtains from Ikea - $5
white string mini lights (target) - $6
a mirror (if you don't have one already) (I bought mine from Bed Bath and Beyond)

I bundled up the top of the curtains and tied them together into a small circle with a metal wire then hung it on a nail.  I strung the lights onto the nail too. 

Simple..yet it makes me happy :) 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great!!
I'm thinking of doing something like this for my makeup table, how do you find the lighting for applying makeup?

Unknown said...

lighting is good but nothing like natural lighting you know. I think because the lights surround the table it doesn't cause any shadows/harsh lighting.