Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hot Chocolate - white, chocolate, french vanilla

yes i did photograph this :)
With the cold weather finally kicking into Florida, I find myself reaching for tea bags and hot cocoa pouches. I just love the cold here in Florida, because it doesn't last long.
When I used to live in Minnesota, i'd order White Hot Chocolate from Carribou Coffee and it was one of the best things I had ever tasted. Sweet vanilla white chocolate that was not too heavy. OOh yeah.
So to make up for it, I found a recipe that is close enough to it.
White Hot Chocolate (serving for 1)
1/2 cup or 27 pieces of white chocolate chips
1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 cup of skim milk (or your choice)
whipped cream (optional)
In a pot, pour in the heavy whipping cream and stir in the white chocolate chips. Keep stirring until the white chocolate chips are melted. Pour in the milk and keep stirring until hot and smooth. Pour into your favorite cup and top it off with some whipped cream and cinnamon (if desired).


My next pick for hot cocoa that I recently just tried would be Nestle's Chocolate Caramel. It isso GOOD. That's all I can say. In my honest opinion I can say this really doesn't have that "fake" chocolate flavor. It's rich and a little creamy. It's worth trying for 110 calories only!

I'm not a fan of Swiss Miss but their French Vanilla version is good. This too is 110 calories of goodness.

10 comments:

Sugar said...

yummies! Now I want a cup of hot chocolate for myself :D

M.'s Ramblings said...

Oooh that chocolate caramel one sounds really good!
i'll look for it, and maybe try it with some 1% milk.

I'm totally craving all things warm (chili, soup, coffee, tea, etc.) Our winters here don't last very long either (unlike in Washington, ugh!) So it's nice to get a cold spell in December. It makes it really feel like the holidays! :D

P.S. I'm buying a ton of oatmeal today! LOL

xoladiihoneyxo said...

mmmMmmm... yummy =] hehe. I'm not a big fan of hot chocolate though. lol.

xLovelyMakeupx said...

that sounds so good right now =]

Lily said...

mm, that sounds delicious. it has never occurred to me that i can actually make hot chocolate out of chocolate chips... haha. i usually just make mine out of the little packages.

SASHA said...

that looks awesome! my favorite is white chocolate mocha from starbucks.

talk about cold lady... it's cold over here, one of these days i'm moving back there.

Me said...

Hey Leslie!

Thanks for helping me out with the Glamour Green contacts lenses. I am wearing it in my newest post, but for some reason it's a light brown on my eyes. Not green at all! Lol, but you've been so helpful! You're sweet AND beautiful! =)

Lovely combo! Muahs!

Violet Honeybee said...

i have like.. 3 boxes of hot cocoa in my pantry =D

Sassy J'adore said...

I luv luv a hot cup of coco on cold days. I've been having it like 3 times a day lately. lol.


Thanks for your interest on my recent post. I will keep everyone upadated once I've planned things out and a 100% on things. =)

xoladiihoneyxo said...

I know what you mean. You should really wear gloves when you wash the dishes now! You don't want to have wrinkles on your hands, now do you? You're so young to have wrinkles on your hands.