Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Glamorous Sequin Holiday Nails!

This picture does no justice as to how pretty/sparkly/glittery/glamorous-feeling my nails are! Have you ever walked by a clothing store an a saw a manequin wearing a shiny sequin top with all the lights reflecting on it? That would be my analogy as to describing this.
It would look even better with white tips but with the lil man around I hardly have time to do anything nowadays. But I wanted to do something pretty with my nails since we are having Thanksgiving lunch tomorrow with some friends.
The products used: Beauty Secrets base coat-I smoothed and polished my nails before applying this. I never knew about base or top coats for polishes. I just knew that you should have a clear polish to top it off with lol. ballalala..but yeah this base coat is nice so far. Inexpensive and it moisturizes my nails and supports the nails polish to adhese.
Ulta Professional in Happily Ever After - I receive this in my yummy mummy package that Maryanne sent me. It is still my favorite nail polish. It gives me a quick clean :) It has a light transparent pink in it with finely milled silver glitters in it. The first coat is not too glittery, it is just the right touch.
Sally Girl (this is a new one that has chunky glitter!) - I used two coats of this to create that sequin glammy top. I can just stare at my nails all day lol. They also have the glitters availabe in pink and gold.
China Glaze Fast Foward Top Coat -still my favorite top coat. It is super fast drying and smoothes out your polish fast!

11 comments:

Marie. said...

Ooh I'm gonna have to try that CG top coat! I'm horrible at painting my finger nails cause I always mess them up somehow!

Unknown said...

i love them! I wish i could do my nails like that. need to grow them back out first!

MEii said...

nice! i love the glitter one!

Anonymous said...

OoO Super pretty!!! and bling! lol I need to get myself some of those glitter polishes.

Babybubblz said...

I love sequins! Glitter polish is definitely on my wish list this xmas =) hoping for Luna from Zoya, it's a white/silver filled with glitter.

kami girl said...

so pretty! and not hard to do at all :)

M.'s Ramblings said...

Aww, so purty! When I saw that color, I knew it was sooo you. :D

And I love glitter polishes! I discovered them a few months ago, and you're right, it's much prettier in person, and I never thought I'd like glitter on my nails.

Sugar Bunnie said...

love the nails♥♥
by the way nice blog, I really love your banner

Leesha-Rae said...

Wow...those nails are so pretty!! Perfect for the holiday season. I'll have to try it out for my New Years Eve dress.

BTW...you're very beautiful and so is your family!! I like your blog!! I'm a makeup artist as well!!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty nails...did you find the shadow kit? It's available at Ulta.

xLovelyMakeupx said...

hey girl great nails, btw how do you get ur pictures on to ur computer from ur rebel. i just got mine took tons of pictures and cant upload them to the computer, am i doing something wrong? i havent installed any of the disks that came with the camera so i should do that but when i put my sd card into the slot on my laptop it doesnt even read it, totally frustrating! =/ help plz